Miserable weather on the way down made me miss my 4pm panel, and the long drive with relevant weather/traffic forced me to leave early and miss my Sunday afternoon panel, but in-between Capclave was great fun.
– meeting many new people, some of whom I knew previously via Twitter/Tumbler, and some I didn’t Â (waves at new people)
– excellent panels with full crowds and good questions.
– the Howard and George (and Gardner) Show. “You will die!” (also: Manatee! If you just cringed/laughed, You Were There)
– seeing many old friends I haven’t had a chance to talk to in a while – which led to this 1am photo:
– two fabulous dinners (Peruvian and Italian).
– an excellent Gathering of the Scotch Hounds.
– a nicely attended reading on Sunday morning.
– collecting yet another also-a-contender-not-a-winner certificate, this time for editing the WSFA Small Press-nominated story â€œBottled Spiritsâ€ by Pamela K. Kinney, for Buzzy Mag (Pamela was up against five friends and one person I haven’t met. I was thinking I should have rooted for the person I haven’t met, just to make it easier…)
And now I have to go back full-fledged into Work Mode until we depart for WFC in a few weeks. I can get All The Things done before then, right?