And so, the Vineart War trilogy has been finished – on my part.Â It now exists in whole for readers to discover, as I hope they will continue to do for many years to come.Â If you read it and like it, pass the word along.Â Books only survive through word-of-reader-mouth (and online review).
As for me, I’m doing what writers do: working on the next project.Â Or, in my case, projects.
Here’s what the list looks like, right now.
- Portals #1 (a new urban fantasy) due somewhere around January (delivery in flux due toÂ circumstances publisher-related)
- Gen & Tonic #1 (a new mystery series) I need to finish up by December, to give my betas time to reality-check me.
“Don’t Push Your Shove” (title uncertain) a short story due in Decemberdraft finished! “The Woods Are Lovely” (title uncertain) a short story due in Novemberdraft finished!
- fun little freelance gig due 1 November
- write the remaining Practical Meerkat essays
- consider a Kickstarter project for “Wine Dark Sea” (would y’all be interested in a Vineart world novella?)
- write forward on BEYOND THE REAL, aka “the project nobody except Madame Agent has seen yet.”
This list fills me with… utter satisfaction and not a little glee.Â A writer is never quite so replete as when she’s writing.Â Also, it keeps the cats fed.Â And we all know, that’s my real and true purpose in this world…