And so, the Vineart War trilogy has been finished – on my part.Â It now exists in whole for readers to discover, as I hope they will continue to do for many years to come.Â If you read it and like it, pass the word along.Â Books only survive through word-of-reader-mouth (and online review).
As for me, I’m doing what writers do: working on the next project.Â Or, in my case, projects.
Here’s what the list looks like, right now.
- Portals #1 (a new urban fantasy) due somewhere around January (delivery in flux due toÂ circumstances publisher-related)
- Gen & Tonic #1 (a new mystery series) I need to finish up by December, to give my betas time to reality-check me.
“Don’t Push Your Shove” (title uncertain) a short story due in Decemberdraft finished! “The Woods Are Lovely” (title uncertain) a short story due in Novemberdraft finished!
- fun little freelance gig due 1 November
- write the remaining Practical Meerkat essays
- consider a Kickstarter project for “Wine Dark Sea” (would y’all be interested in a Vineart world novella?)
- write forward on BEYOND THE REAL, aka “the project nobody except Madame Agent has seen yet.”
This list fills me with… utter satisfaction and not a little glee.Â A writer is never quite so replete as when she’s writing.Â Also, it keeps the cats fed.Â And we all know, that’s my real and true purpose in this world…
6 thoughts on “What Comes Next”
Certainly the cats think so!
So Portals is unrelated to the Casa Nostradamus world?
Paul – utterly unrelated. After ten books set in that world, other characters/ideas wanted time to play.
This book is set in our world, where falling in love with the wrong person can lead to the most complicated and fantastical – and dangerous – adventures…. and the definition of “hero” may just be being too stubborn to give up.
Congrats on wrapping up the series–I’ve heard really good things about it.
Cosa, not Casa. Not enough caffeine ;)
I would love a novella in the Vineart world. By the way, what is the fond used in Flesh & Fire? It is gorgeous.
Um, that should be font. Although I am fond of it. *goes for more caffeine*