The pterosaurs exhibit at the NY Museum of Natural History is cool, if that’s your thing (it’s totally my thing). And yes, I had to Be An Adult and let the kids play with the pterosaur flight simulator, rather than shoving them aside to show ’em how it’s done. Adulting sucks, some times. Although I’m kind of proud of myself, maybe, for not buying the stuffed brown-and-goldÂ pterosaurÂ in the gift shop? Despite my companions urging me on (and offering me their member discount).
I desperately wantÂ this,Â but know it would “just” end up being a cat-castle… Â (but each cat gets a tower!)
What else did I do this weekend?
- Made banana muffins (because that’s what you do when you have overripe bananas)
- made corn bread because hey, once you start with the quickbreads…
- Replaced my old exercise gear because, well, even those of us who don’t need strong support still need more than that.
- Replaced the popcorn popper because I was starting to seriously worry it would catch on fire one of these days
- Exercised (see above)
- And, ohÂ yeah, wrote another six thousand words, more or less. Book’s still not done, but we’re in the (probably) penultimate chapter. Â Draft 0Â is within reach!
And now we are off to see Captain America 2. Â Like everyone else in America.
Under the drop, commentary from this weekend’s wordwar room that might be seriously spoilery for SILVER ON THE ROAD. Â Or not.
1 thought on “Weekendery”
damn, the stuff I miss with work blocking the warroom.
The Pterosaur exhibit sounds right up my alley. I miss NYC museums. :sigh: