Probably won’t make Draft on “Promises to Keep” today, since I have a breakfast meeting and then afternoon plans to see The Hobbit Â (yes, I know, but it’s THE HOBBIT. I have to give the first segment a chance, right?). Â However, Draft status seems imminent this weekend….
“Alfred knew he sounded like an idiot. He felt like one, too. ‘Youâ€™re insane. Never mind about taking me home. Iâ€™ll call my wife and deal with the fallout the way I should have two days ago.’â€
And so, we slip into mid-December.Â I’ve been waiting for four things that are still on my Pending List (3 different callbacks and 1 set of contract papers from a small press), but the reality is that odds are nothing will actually happen before January. End-of-year is like Friday… you know if it doesn’t happen NOW, it’s not going to happen for a while. All you can do isÂ
sulkÂ be patient.
Plus, my traditional plan is to shut down shop on the 21st and not pick up the workload again until 2 January. The last ten days of the year are for Recovery.
However, there are still Things On The To-Do List for 2012:
1. finish the draft of “Promises to Keep”
2. revise the first Kickstarter “bonus” story and prep for e-release
3. start renovations on the website (relaunch in 2013)
4. Another chunk of work on Unsold Project #1
5. work on the story that’s due in January. Oh, wait – TWO stories that are due in January.
6. get contracts out to new clients
also: make a lot of cookies, go to a few parties, and mail out those last few presents and books….
I got this covered. Â More coffee, please?